It’s Tuesday. A large portion of our Climb Out of the Darkness teams will Climb Out on Saturday. We’re all in Climb Out mode right now.
It’s an exciting time for us as staff at Postpartum Progress. Watching our Climb Leaders and Warrior Moms around the world raise money and awareness is inspiring. These moms, their loved ones, their clinicians, and their support people are breaking down the stigma surrounding postpartum and mood anxiety disorders every time they ask for a donation, every time they share photos from their Climb…
…and every time they share their story.
We announced a blog party last week, taking place today. We asked Climb Leaders and Climbers alike to share why they Climb.
Why I Climb
- Graeme Seabrook at The Postpartum Mama
- Emily Henderson at My Just Right Life
- Sara M at The Working Mommy
- Melissa Jacobowitz at Suburban Misfit Mom
- On 15th and L
- S. Paige at S. Paige Depression
- Emma at Muddy Boots and Diamonds
- Kelly Bauer at Motherhood Misfit
- Ruth Will at Lessons in the Dark
- Chanel McNair at Brisk Walk Lady
- Krystal Casey at The American Dreammakers
- Lisa Abramson with a piece at Medium
- Jen Gaskell at TranquilMama
- JustAnotherWomom at My Mamoir
- Amy B at Living Life Joyously
- Lesley Neadel at Real Life Real Laughter
- Miranda Wicker at Caffeine & Cabernet
- Jenna Hatfield (oh, hey! me!) at Stop, Drop & Blog
Our reasons are as varied as our experiences. But we come together in June to Climb Out, to break down the walls of stigma just by showing up. We collective raise money to help fund the mission of Postpartum Progress which is to create healthier families by raising awareness, reducing stigma, providing social support and connecting mothers to help for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders like postpartum depression. We come together to see ourselves reflected in other mothers who have lived through it, who are still battling; we come together with our support people, our loved ones, our friends, our clinicians so they can see they, too, are not alone.
The 2016 Climb Out of the Darkness is already our best year yet when it comes to the money raised ($244,807 as of this morning!), the number of Climbers (3,401 as of this morning!), and general awesomeness when it comes to involvement and excitement. To see so many come together for maternal mental health gives us great hope for the future. We’re doing big things—TOGETHER.
You can still join us. There’s time to Find a Climb, register, and join with thousands of other Warrior Moms and their people this weekend (with a few outliers in the coming weeks). We’d love to have you. And we’d love to know why you Climb. Feel free to tell us in the comments or write a post and leave the link.
See you soon!